Kokaneekid Fishing’s Trademark Guidelines
We here at Kokaneekid Fishing™ support and encourage ideas, services, and tools that use and supplement the Kokaneekid Fishing services; however, we are also serious about protecting our reputation and brand identity. To help us achieve this goal, we have created these guidelines to help Kokaneekid Fishing members and others refer to us or our services without compromising the strength of our trademarks or our brand identity. In other words, these guidelines only concern the use of Kokaneekid Fishing’s intellectual property (for example, the use of the term “Kokaneekid Fishing”). For issues regarding any intellectual property which is not exclusively owned by Kokaneekid Fishing, please refer to Kokaneekid Fishing’s Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy.
A trademark is a word, name, symbol or device (or a combination thereof) that identifies the goods or services of a person or company and distinguishes them from the goods and services of others. The word “Kokaneekid Fishing” and other Kokaneekid Fishing graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names (together, the “Kokaneekid Fishing Marks”) are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of Kokaneekid Fishing, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Why must Kokaneekid Fishing Protect the Kokaneekid Fishing Marks? Kokaneekid Fishing must be to able assure Internet users and others that only the services offered, sponsored, or endorsed by Kokaneekid Fishing actually bear the Kokaneekid Fishing Marks. Trademark law requires that we not only protect against improper use of the Kokaneekid Fishing Marks, but also protect against the use of confusingly similar marks.
Using the Kokaneekid Fishing Marks
In order for you to help us protect the Kokaneekid Fishing Marks, we ask the following:
- Do make fair use of Kokaneekid Fishing’s Marks. Kokaneekid Fishing supports free speech and you do not need permission to make legitimate commentary about Kokaneekid Fishing, the company, or Kokaneekid Fishing’s services.
- Do distinguish the Kokaneekid Fishing Marks from surrounding text by, for example, capitalizing the first letter of the Kokaneekid Fishing Marks.
- Do spell the Kokaneekid Fishing Marks properly.
- Do not say things about Kokaneekid Fishing you know are not true.
- Do not incorporate the Kokaneekid Fishing Marks or a confusingly similar mark into, for example, the name of your business, organization, non-profit organization, event, or trademark.
- Do not remove, alter, distort or modify the Kokaneekid Fishing Marks, including adding other terms to the Kokaneekid Fishing Marks to create new words.
- Do not use the Kokaneekid Fishing Marks or a confusingly similar mark in a way that falsely implies a relationship or affiliation with, sponsorship, or endorsement by Kokaneekid Fishing, or that can be reasonably interpreted to suggest information comes from, or represents the views or opinions of Kokaneekid Fishing, or a Kokaneekid Fishing employee.
- Do not, without prior permission, use the Kokaneekid Fishing Marks in a product. Email us for more information about applying for a license to use an Kokaneekid Fishing Mark in connection with a product.
- Do not use any trademarks, service marks, trade dress, designs or logos that are confusingly similar to the Kokaneekid Fishing Marks or the look and feel of the Kokaneekid Fishing website.
- Do not use the Kokaneekid Fishing Marks in any way or on any website that contains or promotes adult content, gambling, or otherwise violates applicable law or regulation.
- Do not use the Kokaneekid Fishing Marks in a manner that is in Kokaneekid Fishing’s sole opinion misleading, unfair, defamatory, infringing, libelous, disparaging, tarnishing, obscene or otherwise objectionable to Kokaneekid Fishing.
Kokaneekid Fishing reserves the right to alter these policies at any time.